Hill and Company Divorce and Family Law Solicitors provide a personal and professional service to support both your emotional and legal needs during difficult times, whether that be through, divorce, financial or children proceedings.
Our Family team is headed by Heather Broadfield who has many years’ experience dealing with a variety of different family law issues. Heather carries the Law Society Family Law Accreditation and is an active member of Resolution which is an organization of 6,500 Family Lawyers and other professionals in England and Wales who believe in a non-confrontational approach to Family Law.
Family Law Solicitor email@example.com
“We pride ourselves on having clients not cases”
At Hill and Company Solicitors we can provide you with advice on a range of family issues including;
- Divorce – Straightforward undefended divorces are available for a fixed fee of £495+ VAT *.
- Financial Matters Interim financial solutions- There is always the option to negotiate an interim solution for your finances to ensure you are able to continue functioning financially and paying all your bills and overheads whilst your divorce and final financial settlement are being resolved.
This ensures that your accommodation is stable and that you and your children can continue with their activities and lifestyles in so far as the finances are available to achieve this. If negotiations fail, an application can be made to the court to secure a financial interim order from a judge. Our solicitors will ensure that the interim solution you achieve will enable you and your children to continue your lives with the minimal disruption possible. *There will be a fee payable to the court for issuing the divorce petition.
- Final Financial Settlements- When a relationship breaks down, there are usually assets that need dividing. Unfortunately, there is no set formula to decide how assets should be divided and the courts will consider what is fair and take into account a number of factors such as the welfare of any children, the age of the parties and the duration of the marriage.
- It is extremely important that you achieve a fair and reasonable financial settlement as this is the financial basis for moving on in your life and will have an impact on your future financial security.. This could include a share in the matrimonial home, pensions, businesses, investment portfolios and savings. Once a final order has been made by a judge there is no opportunity to go back for more therefore it is imperative that you are aware of all the assets of the marriage prior to agreeing a final order.
- Our expert solicitors will carry out these investigations into the financial affairs of your marriage and achieve the best financial settlement you are entitled to. This will ensure a solid financial basis for you to move on in your life.
- Children Matters-When a relationship breaks down, we understand that the arrangements for the children are the main concern for parents. It is always in the best interests of the children for parents to agree the arrangements for the children between them.
- If however you are unable to reach an agreement with the other party, we are here to provide you with advice and assistance as to the most appropriate way forward for all involved. We can help in the negotiation of an agreement between the parties regarding the children and can make referrals to mediation where appropriate. If it is not possible to reach an amicable agreement then we will assist you in making the relevant applications to the court in order to achieve the best solution for you and the children.
- Domestic Abuse- Domestic abuse affects people of all ages, from all social backgrounds, both male and female and can be of varying degrees and varying types of abuse. domestic abuse can include physical, psychological, sexual or financial violence and coercive and controlling behavior.
- Domestic Abuse does not have to be tolerated and we are here to help you to obtain the best possible protection when required. Our Family Solicitors are highly experienced in obtaining emergency injunctions to help keep you safe
- There are two types of injunction that we can obtain on your behalf. A non-molestation injunction prohibits someone from using violence against another person, threatening them with violence or harassing, pestering or molesting them. An Occupation Order can be applied for if your (ex) partner is threatening the safety of you and your children to force them to leave your home and/or prevent them from coming within a stated radius of it.
- Legal aid is still available, subject to financial eligibility, to all seeking an injunction for domestic abuse. Our solicitors can assist you and provide you with this service.
- Other Matrimonial Services- We advise on all aspects of family law including:-
- Separation Agreements
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Same sex Couples
- Grandparents rights
- Change of Name Deeds
- Legal Aid- Legal Aid is still available in some cases including when Social Services are involved with your family or if you are the victim of domestic abuse.
Please contact us on 0161 928 3201 to arrange a FREE 30 minute appointment.