Hill and Company Solicitors have extensive experience of providing legal advice and representation in respect of family law issues for over 170 years.
At Hill and Company, our specialist family solicitors understand how important it is for people facing divorce or separation to receive the highest quality advice to help you resolve any issues that may arise to ensure you are protected in the future.
Our team of specialist family law solicitors are here to offer you support, guidance and understanding during what can be an upsetting time. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for you by dealing with matters in a sensitive, practical and non-confrontational way but will adopt a tougher approach when required to get the right result.
Our solicitors can provide their breadth of skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Divorce, Dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial Matters Interim financial solutions- There is always the option to negotiate an interim solution for your finances to ensure you are able to continue functioning financially and paying all your bills and overheads whilst your divorce and final financial settlement are being resolved.
- Final Financial Settlements- When a relationship breaks down, there are usually assets that need dividing. Unfortunately, there is no set formula to decide how assets should be divided and the courts will consider what is fair and take into account a number of factors such as the welfare of any children, the age of the parties and the duration of the marriage.
- Children Matters-When a relationship breaks down, we understand that the arrangements for the children are the main concern for parents. It is always in the best interests of the children for parents to agree the arrangements for the children between them.
- Domestic Abuse- Domestic abuse affects people of all ages, from all social backgrounds, both male and female and can be of varying degrees and varying types of abuse. domestic abuse can include physical, psychological, sexual or financial violence and coercive and controlling behavior.
- Other Matrimonial Services- We advise on all aspects of family law including:-
- Separation Agreements
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Same sex Couples
- Grandparents rights
- Change of Name Deeds
About Heather Broadfield
Heather qualified as a solicitor in May 2011. She joined Hill & Company Solicitors in 2013 and became a Partner in July 2018.
Heather specialises in Family Law and is head of the Family Law Department. Heather advises on divorce, financial settlements, cohabitation, injunctions and Children Act work. She also deals with cases in which social services are involved.
Qualifications and Memberships
Heather graduated from Edge Hill University in July 2007 with a 2:1 Law Degree with Honours.
Heather completed her Legal Practice Course at Liverpool John Moores University in September 2009 and was awarded a Postgraduate Diploma with Commendation.
Heather is a member of the Family Law Panel Accreditation Scheme which requires members to show that they have and will maintain a high level of knowledge, skills, experience and practice in the area of family law.
Heather is also a member of Resolution which is an organisation of 6,500 Family Lawyers and other professionals in England and Wales who believe in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to Family Law matters.
In her spare time, Heather enjoys horse riding and spending quality time with her friends and family.